2022 Meeting Schedule
June 18: IN-PERSON MEETING OF THE MID-SOUTH CHAPTER OF THE RAILWAY & LOCOMOTIVE HISTORICAL SOCIETY
Southern Vintage Fire Apparatus Association Museum
4500 5th Avenue South Building F, Birmingham, AL 35222
2022 Update and Status Report
Railway & Locomotive Historical Society (national)
· The 2021 national convention was held in central Texas, and the 2022 convention will be held June 1-5 in Rochester, NY.
· The Society is strong and has continued all of its publications, programs, and member benefits during the COVID-19 situation.
· The Chapter continues to grow with many new members in 2021 and 2022.
· The Chapter has been staying in touch with its members through a digital e-Newsletter and its
Mid-South Flyer newsletter published 6 times a year.
· Many of our members have continued to do historical railroad research, often to answer questions asked by members and non-members.
· The Chapter has received a grant from the National Trust for Historic Preservation and a grant from the Alabama Historical Commission. Both grants will be used to design and install a Birmingham Terminal Station exhibit at the
· The Chapter's Historic Birmingham Mineral Railroad Signs Project continues, and 179 signs have been installed already in all 6 counties served by the BMRR.